Unfortunately, with COVID-19, you may have had to postpone your wedding ceremony. The bright side is, this will you give you more time to plan! We know planning a wedding is stressful and there are so many options you have to choose from. Flowers, cake, venue, dances, should you do a first look? While you are spending some time indoors, check out our pros and cons to help you decide whether or not a “first look” is right for you and your partner.
**All photos on this post were done by the talented Lauren Scotti. We highly recommend working with her if you are still looking for a photographer.
Pros of Doing a First Look
- You will have more photos from your big day and you can take lots of family and bridal party photos before the wedding. This way you are sure not to leave anyone out.
- You can attend your cocktail hour.
- You get some alone time with your significant other.
- First looks are great for couples with nerves and butterflies.
- Getting married in the winter? If you do a first look, you will have time to get some photos in the light before the sun goes down.
- A first look gives couples the opportunity to go offsite for photos, without having to leave the space during cocktail hour, which can create time complications.
- You can get your tears out before the ceremony. Weddings are very emotional and if you are worried about waterworks in front of all your friends and family, you can get them out ahead of time.
Cons of Doing a First Look
- Your dress, hair, and bouquet could get damaged. If you are taking photos outside, your dress could pick up dirt, your hair could get windblown, your flowers may end up looking wilted.
- You will not have that “special moment” at the altar. If you do a first look, you miss out on the suspense and emotion that build before you walk down the aisle.
- You have to start getting ready earlier. If you were planning on sleeping in on your wedding day, with a first look, you will probably have to be ready earlier to ensure you are ready in plenty of time before the ceremony.
- It could be awkward. With the photographer and videographer directing you, it may not feel as intimate as you had hoped.
No matter what you choose, remember that you can always change your mind on the day of the wedding. At the Historic Wakefield Barn, our planners will be with you every step of the way to ensure that whatever decisions you make go exactly how you want them to on your big day.
Starting to plan your wedding now? Rescheduling your wedding and cannot get back into the venue you had originally booked? We would love to talk to you! Contact us today for more information on our venue and check out our FAQs.